Project Coordinator - English speaking countries - M/F
--ALIMA - Soudan--
Sudan, South Sudan, Nigeria
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programmes and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where it is not possible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct, a declaration of honour will be requested.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the project coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the country's operational strategy in his/her area of intervention, in line with the three-year strategic plan and ALIMA's mandate.
More specifically, he/she is responsible for the implementation of the project and for contributing to the results set for the project according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation and the needs in the intervention zone and on the basis of the medico-operational objectives prefixed in collaboration with the coordination, in the respect of the humanitarian principles and the mandate of ALIMA. He/she is the guarantor of the security of his/her teams in the whole intervention zone. He/she is responsible for the supervision of the teams, the monitoring of the programmatic indicators and the contractual indicators of the donors and the monitoring of the project's expenses - with the support of the coordination - and the communication with the governmental and non-governmental actors in relation with the project.
● act in accordance with ALIMA's mandate, humanitarian principles and the "do no harm" principle.
● Respect the operational strategy defined with the other coordinators (collaborate with other humanitarian, international and governmental actors present in the intervention zone).
● Analysis of the context (environment, actors, security, access negotiations...) and humanitarian issues.
● Identifies and analyses medical and humanitarian needs in collaboration with the Medical Referent, in order to propose a relevant operational strategy for the area of intervention, in line with ALIMA's mandate, humanitarian principles and the "do no harm" principle.
● Proposes an operational setup and relevant planning (timeline, budget, supply plan...) according to the operational strategy defined with the other coordinators (head of mission, medical coordinator, logistics coordinator, financial coordinator and HR coordinator).
● Assess risks and constraints, and propose adaptations to the strategy and action plan in the event of unforeseen developments after consultation with the country coordination (head of mission, medical coordinator, logistics coordinator, financial coordinator and HR coordinator) and other humanitarian, international and governmental actors present in the intervention zon
- Project management and monitoring
● Applies project management tools provided by the project leader
● Controls the respect of the established timetable and the fixed objectives.
● Evaluates the objectives of the project and their implementation (financial, human, logistical...) through the elaboration of regular synthetic and relevant reports for the coordination (SITREP)
● Follows up on each department present on his base and ensures the proper implementation of activities according to the set objectives.
● Ensures effective communication within the team and a smooth flow of information (operational objectives, tools, timeline, context...).
● Organize, lead and document coordination meetings with his/her team, according to the frequency defined with the country coordination (weekly or daily in case of emergency intervention)
● Organizes the memory of the project by keeping a written record of its evolution.
● Participates in coordination meetings in its area of intervention (sub-cluster, response meetings...).
● Collaborates with humanitarian and medical actors to ensure good coordination of activities and teams in the intervention zone and the pooling of resources.
● After validation by the Head of Mission, may be asked to carry advocacy messages to local actors and/or authorities.
● Maintains close relations and regular exchanges with the administrative and health authorities for the proper conduct of the project (signing and compliance with the MoU, negotiation of resources allocated to activities, joint implementation of activities ...).
● With the support of the country coordination (head of mission and/or medical coordinator), organizes the visits of technical and financial partners in its area of intervention.
- Management of material and financial resources
● Controls the budget of its base and makes each department responsible for controlling its budget lines
● Supervises and validates the proper use of the resources made available by ALIMA for the project, all orders (medical and logistical) and purchases of the project.
● Checks that the monthly monitoring of the status of project expenditures and commitments is done and participates in the analysis of financial data with the administrative manager of his/her base
● Ensures compliance with standards in the administrative management of the project.
● Controls that the monthly monitoring of the status of the project logistics is done and participates in the analysis of data with the RLP of the project(s) in its area of intervention (monitoring of stocks, equipment, vehicle fleet, communication ...).
● Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the procurement plan in collaboration with the RPL.
● In collaboration with the project medical team and the coordination (head of mission and medical coordinator), he/she proposes SMART and relevant programmatic indicators in order to evaluate, monitor and guarantee the quality of the project according to ALIMA protocols and international standards (SPHERE, WHO...).
● Oversees the implementation of a medical data collection and analysis and epidemiological surveillance system (with the support and validation of the medical coordinator) and its evolution according to needs.
● Consolidate reports from all departments and analyze data for sharing with the coordination according to the mission timeline (SITREP).
● Contributes to the writing of projects and future projects in his area of intervention as well as to the internal and operational reporting of all projects in the same area.
5. Security analysis and management
6. Development of computer tools
● Encourages the use of the drive for information sharing and archiving
● Gives ALIMA employees the means to train in the use of these tools
7. Implementation of preventive measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
● Ability to listen and empathy.
● Easy communication.
● Ability to analyze the context, understand medical and humanitarian issues.
● Animation and motivation of teams.
● Ability to identify and anticipate problems and risks.
● Problem-oriented mindset.
● Organization of roles and delegation of tasks within a team.
● Ability to set priorities.
● Establishment of networks of contacts and ability to maintain a neutral posture with opposing actors in the same armed conflict.
● Sense of responsibility.
● Ability to take initiative and make decisions.
● Good stress management.
● Mastery of computer tools (GSuite and pack office).
Duration and type of contract: French CC: 3 to 12 months according to the program and the profile
Starting position: Immediately
Salary: according to ALIMA scale + experience + per diem
ALIMA supports :
● travel expenses between the expatriate's home country and the place of assignment
● accommodation costs
● 2.08 days off per month
● daily per diem
● medical coverage from the first day of the contract to one month after the date of departure from the country of assignment for the employee and his/her dependents
● the break policy every 3 months (for 6 months of mission)
● evacuation for the employee.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to our page before 31st of October 2021
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + letter of motivation) will be considered.